Friday, April 22, 2011

5 Fabulous Spring Freebies for Moms & Kids


Okay, so I missed my second "Mommy Mondays" post! I had it "saved as draft" before we went away for the weekend, and then I came back to feeling behind in that crazy Momsquawk contest, and, well, here we are ready to say bye-bye to Friday!

By the way, I want to create a theme for Wednesdays, too, so if you haven't voted on what you'd like to see, yet, make sure to vote in the poll at the bottom of the sidebar!

After spending half the day in the ER with my 2yo, Caleb, and the other half trying to finish writing for an already kindly delayed writing deadline, I just couldn't find anyplace in our little home respectable enough to shoot a vlog, so you'll have to wait one more week for that one. I have an idea for next week's, though, so messy house or no, I will do video for next week!

Without further ado, here are this week's Fabulous 5 Mommy Freebies for you and your Kiddos, this spring:

  • This "Happy Earth Day" activity book is a little beyond my kiddos' abilities, right now, but I thought some of you would like to use it to help develop environmentally conscious kiddos!

  • If you have an Ereader or an iPhone, you can download check out this "The Very First Easter" ebook download from Amazon. My Caleb loves flipping through these!
  • (Thanks to one of my favorite deal blogger, Heidi, The Frugal Girls!)
  • Do you have a hard time getting cards out on time? Somehow, I tend to end up sending out cards late, even when I buy them in plenty of time! They just get stuck in a holding pattern between the store and mail box. Well, you're home free with this FREE Mother's Day Card that Tiny Prints even ships for you!
  • (Thanks to Sarah Gibbons and her fabulous deal blog, Raining Hot Coupons!)
        • On these cold, rainy spring days in Wisconsin, having some indoor play time is a very good thing! Last week, Caleb got to play on rides and do some games at Chuck-E-Cheese with our 60 free tokens! (Jonathan and I each received coupons for Caleb's birthday and Josh's "half birthday," this month, just for being on their e-mail list!) You can also get them for your school-aged kids' grades and any aged kids' filled chore charts!

        • If you have older kids, you can make up your own crossword puzzles or other games on this site, powered by Discovery Channel. (I've also used them for bridal showers and baby showers, as well as in the classroom, when I taught high school full time.
        Sorry this is a very visually unappealing post, but it kind of goes with the rest of my surroundings right now. (I don't know why the formatting is so hard for me to get right--if any other bloggers who use Blogspot have any tips, I'd be obliged!)

        I'll remind you as I remind myself, today, that the days may be very, very loooong, but the years are oh-so-short!

        Signing off for the weekend, this is

        No comments:

        Post a Comment